Biometric Health Screenings
You are here
150 Wellness Points
Biometric screenings are a quick and easy way to learn about your health.
Tests offered in each screening include:
- Blood pressure
- Cholesterol levels
- Blood sugar
- Body composition
- Body Mass Index
- For a cholesterol test, it is best not to eat anything for at least eight hours before testing. You may drink water. Other drinks including coffee, tea, or pop may interfere with the test and should be avoided.
- Photo ID
- Employees - must show your UCard with employee ID number
- Spouse/Same-sex domestic partner - must show photo ID
- Must complete by August 31st, 2017 to receive wellness points.
There are no out of pocket charges for UPlan members as well as UPlan covered spouses or same-sex domestic partners.
A biometric screening is offered by appointment at the QuickCare office, during a Biometric Screening Clinic, or at your doctor's office when you go for your next visit.
Duluth QuickCare Clinic Screenings
- Tuesday & Wednesday mornings have been set aside for Biometric Screening; other days possible as needed.
- You can schedule a biometric health screening at the Duluth QuickCare Clinic by calling 726-8666 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep in mind that the Quick Care Clinic is open over the summer, but is closed during employee holidays.
When you get a biometric health screening through the QuickCare Clinic, your test results will be sent directly to your StayWell Online profile. This process may take 6-8 weeks before points are awarded. Please know that no one at the University will ever have access to your personal health information.
Biometric Screening Clinic Sessions
Boynton Health Services travels to Duluth several times per year to host a biometric screening clinic at Kirby Rafters. Appointment scheduling must be completed online and appointment slots may fill up.
2016-2017 Biometric Screening Clinic Schedule*:
- Thursday, February 23rd
- Tuesday, March 21st
- Thursday, April 20th
- Tuesday, May 23rd
- Thursday, August 10th
Your test results will be sent to your StayWell Online profile and will show up 6-8 weeks after your appointment. Please know that no one at the University will ever have access to your personal health information.
Screenings at Your Doctor's Office
You can get a biometric health screening through your personal doctor’s office. To earn wellness points for doing so, complete the Biometric Health Screening Provider Form (pdf) and send to Staywell. Regular medical exams and health screenings are considered preventive care and generally their cost will be covered by the UPlan.