You are here
Optimizing student health, wellness, and vibrancy!
Business hours are reduced during distance learning and through the summer, 9am-3pm M-F.
Important Notice for Medical Appointments
If you are experiencing cough, fever or shortness of breath, have traveled internationally or domestically, or have been exposed to someone with known or suspected COVID 19, it is important that you call Health Services at 218-726-8155 prior to arriving at the clinic.
Health Services will not be performing COVID 19 testing at this time.
For after hour medical care please call St. Luke's Hospital at 218-249-4200, Essentia Health at 1-833-494-0836.
For mental health emergencies, please call Birch Tree Center at 218-623-1800.
Quality Primary Health Care At Your Doorstep
The professional medical staff at UMD Health Services provides quality, primary health care that is aimed toward young adults and to the unique needs of college students. Physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses are available by appointment. Most health needs can be met directly within the Health Services facility. Call to make an appointment: 218-726-8155.
Frequently Provided Services
Medical services we frequently provide include, but are not limited to:
- Allergy injections
- Gynecology exams
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Smoking, vaping and tobacco cessation
- Sexual Health
Additional Services Provided
- Acute illness or injuries
- Dermatology exams
- Elective minor surgery
- Nutrition consultations
- Physical exams
- Physical Therapy (referral required: call Lake Superior Physical Therapy to schedule an appointment on campus)
- Wart treatments
Not sure if you need to be seen? Call our Nurse Care Office
Students with medical questions may call our Nurse Care Office Line at (218) 726-7870. Phone calls will be answered/returned during regular office hours. (Line available September through May only.). The Nurse Care Office can handle a limited number of daily consultations. Visits handled through the Nurse Care Office include, but are not limited to:
- Sore throats
- Urinary tract infections
- Emergency contraception
- Questions pertaining to medical issues, medical records, immunizations, etc.
Students who pay the student services fee do not pay a fee for an appointment with our medical providers. Fees will be charged for services beyond the provider exam and consultation to include Billable Services indicated below. Co-pays and deductibles may apply as determined by the insurance company and are the responsibility of the student.
Non-UMD Students (college students from the College of St. Scholastica, University of Wisconsin – Superior, Duluth Business University, Lake Superior College, the University of Minnesota, etc.) are eligible to use Health Services, however, charges apply for services rendered by any provider. Chargeable services include office visits, x-rays, lab tests, minor surgery, some special procedures, and medications. Non-UMD students can have their charges billed to insurance.
- Immunizations (Tetanus, Gardasil, MMR, Meningitis, Varivax, Hep A & B, ect)
- Injections (Allergy shots, Rocephin, Depo Provera, Benedryl, Diazepam, ect)
- Lab tests (Blood draws, strep tests, STI testing, HIV testing, Urinalysis, Lipid Panels, ect)
- Procedures (Wart treatments, sutures, laceration repairs, skin tag removals, ear irrigations, ect)
- Durable Medical Equipment (splints, immobilizers, ace bandages)