You are here
Virtual Drop-in Hours
Virtual Drop-in Hours are your time to meet one-on-one with a Career Counselor to have your quick career-related questions answered. Counselors are available via Zoom on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the counselor is meeting with someone else, you will be placed into a waiting room until it's your turn.
Access Virtual Drop-in Hours, Monday-Friday, 1-4:30pm.
Why might you use this service?
- You need to address something with a tight turnaround time (i.e. questions for an interview you have tomorrow, documents need reviewing for an application that closes soon, you just attended a job fair and have follow-up questions/concerns, etc).
- Need to have a resume, cover letter, CV, email to an employer, or similar documents reviewed. You can also submit these through our website for review.
- You're not sure where to even start in the career counseling process or how to use our office.
- You have a quick career-related question that doesn't need an entire appointment.
- You're panicking or unsure about your major, lack of a chosen major, and/or intended (or lack of) career path and want to talk to someone about it ASAP.
***All in-person resume drop-in services have been suspended for the Fall 2020 semester.***
Drop-in Hours are open sessions (no appointment needed) where you can come in to meet with our staff for about 10-15 minutes to work on your existing resume or profile.
Resume Drop-in Hours
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2 to 4 pm in 22 Solon Campus Center, when class is in session
Get immediate feedback on your resume, no appointment necessary! These 10-15 minute sessions are for students who already have a written resume. You MUST bring a paper or electronic copy of your resume to the session, and then receive feedback from Career and Internship Services staff.
Develop your resume prior to attending one of these sessions by using the Resume Writing section of the UMD Career Handbook.
Can't make it during these designated times? You're in luck! We have trained Peer Educators available to review your resume in our office, Monday - Friday 10am-4:30pm, when classes are in session. Stop by when it works for you.