You are here
At UMD, internships are “decentralized,” meaning there is not one central department responsible for overseeing all internship processes at UMD. Career & Internship Services (C&IS) will assist you in connecting with academic departments and students to fill your internship needs. For more information on what internships are, how to set them up, how C&IS can help you with internships, and more, see our Internship Guide for Employers.
- Short-term, supervised, pre-professional work experiences.
- Opportunities that provide students field-specific training and experience.
- Learning experiences that add value to organizations through meaningful student work.
- Be paid or unpaid.
- Be for academic credit or not.
- Be formal or informal.
- Vary in hours and length.
- Take place any time during formal education or after completion of a degree.