You are here
Dining Services Update: Fall 2020
August 6, 2020
Change Is Upon Us
COVID-19 has really turned the world upside down and thrown us for quite a loop. But we are so excited to be open and serving our campus community this Fall. Here are some new and exciting changes happening this semester with UMD Dining Services.
- For Superior Dining, we are extending our hours to be from 7 am - 9 pm daily. Our menus will continue to offer plenty of options for all dietary needs and wants.
- We are expanding our Square Meal Program (the reusable green take-away containers) to help with the lowered capacity restrictions in our dining areas. This program will allow you to use these containers in Superior Dining, the Food Court, and our new location in the Express Store.
- Superior Dining Express (located in the Express Store - 109 Kirby Plaza) will be a fast and easy way for our residence meal plan holders to get a hot meal (a choice of our main entrée that day or our vegan entrée) or a freshly made sandwich with just a swipe of their UCard. This program was designed with physical distancing in mind.
- We are EXTREMELY excited to announce that we will be offering a brand new option for residential meal plan holders (those living in the dorms or apartments). You will now be able to use meal swipes in the Food Court as a meal option.
- As we launch and test this trial program you will be able to use up to 5 meal swipes a week in the Food Court -- 1 meal swipe per day.
- Students with meal plans will also still be able to use their $200 in Dining Dollars in all open dining venus throughout the semester.