You are here
2021 Furniture Pickup Program!
The Furniture Pickup Program is a service provided by UMD Facilities Management to haul furniture and other large household items for off-campus UMD students. Appointments are required and are limited. Plan ahead and get an appointment today! See the following guidelines for more details and pickup days:
Guidelines for furniture pick-up:
- Only current UMD Students are eligible.
- By appointment only with minimum 24-hour advance notice. There are a limited number of appointments per day. Your items will NOT be picked up without an appointment.
- Pickups are for furniture and other household goods too large for normal garbage or recycling services.
- Limited to students living near campus (East and North of Downtown), with no pickups on campus. This program is for UMD student renters, not homeowners or landlords.
- All items must be at the curbside for pickup by 8 a.m. on the day of pickup, not overnight.
- Limited electronics such as microwaves, computers, televisions and appliances such as washers, dryers and dishwashers will be accepted for 2021.
- No refrigerators, freezers or air conditioners.
- No hazardous materials, chemicals, food, garbage, or refuse.
- Cancellations require 24-hour notice.
Pick-ups (by appointment only) from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the following days:
- Tuesday, June 1 (Google forms MUST be completed PRIOR to 4:00pm on Monday, May 31)
To make an appointment, complete the Furniture Pickup Google Form. Be prepared to provide name, UMD Student ID number, address, phone number and a detailed description of the item(s) being picked up.
For more information or questions, call UMD Facilities Management at 218-726-8262.
To view a list of basic support provided by Facilities Management, click here.