You are here
It's your day!
Commencement is a celebration of all you have accomplished. Participation is highly recommended!
UMD will hold a virtual Commencement Ceremony on May 8. Supplemental smaller in-person activities to celebrate our graduates are being explored by various colleges and departments across campus. More information about these activities will be shared as it becomes available. Watch your University email, this page, or the UMD Commencement page for updates.
Requirements and deadlines
Friday, March 19, 2021 was the deadline to submit the Commencement RSVP to have your name listed in the printed program. The deadline to indicate your participation in the virtual Commencement on May 8 has been extended, so you may continue to RSVP for that purpose. Please contact the Grad Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Commencement Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
- Visit our degree progress and completion page to be sure you are on track for graduation.
- Apply to Graduate online through your MyU Portal by the first day of the month in which you intend to complete all degree requirements. Note: This is NOT the same as the Commencement RSVP above. Applying to graduate is a separate step. You must apply to graduate through MyU to get your degree.
- Remember, Graduate School policy requires that you register every fall and every spring until your degree is awarded. Please contact the Graduate School Office or your program office with any questions.
Individual programs may have additional requirements for degree completion. Please check with your program office.
Additional notes for those participating in Commencement Ceremonies
- Save 20% at the Grad Fair from March 31 - April 6!
- Participating Doctoral degree students can find more information about doctoral regalia linked here.
- Participating Master's degree students can find more information about master's regalia linked here.
- ***NOTE: When ordering Graduation Hoods, please include your Discipline/Degree in the comments area.***
- If you have any questions about the proper regalia and deadlines by which regalia must be ordered, please contact UMD Stores.
- More details regarding Commencement are available on the UMD Commencement Information page
- Questions? Contact the UMD Graduate School Office at (218) 726-7523, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an undergraduate student (bachelor's degree), contact email@example.com.
Visit the One Stop Student Services website for information on the following:
- Your Diploma, including
- How to set or update your degree name
- How to set or update your diploma address. Note that you will select the address type (diploma) AFTER entering a new address.
- Enrollment/Degree Verification
- Questions? Contact One Stop Student Services at (218) 726-8000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org