You are here
It's your day!
Commencement is a celebration of all you have accomplished. Participation is highly recommended!
President Gabel has announced a postponement of all spring 2020 graduation ceremonies across all campuses. However, a systemwide virtual celebration will take place on Saturday, May 16, beginning at 11am (CST). Students who have RSVP'd for Commencement will receive an invitation via email to participate in this event around April 22, with responses due by April 30. Please watch your University email for further details, including an opportunity to submit a photo and additional information.
If you wish to order academic regalia for this celebration (not required), or as a keepsake of your achievement, UMD Stores is hosting a virtual Grad Fair from April 22 - May 3. Save 20% during Grad Fair only.
An in-person Commencement Ceremony for 2020 graduates is being considered for the fall, if circumstances allow. Please watch this page or the UMD Commencement page for updates.
Requirements and deadlines
Friday, March 20, 2020 was the deadline to RSVP for Commencement. After the deadline, please contact the Grad Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Visit our degree progress and completion page to be sure you are on track for graduation.
- Apply to Graduate online through your MyU Portal by the first day of the month in which you intend to complete all degree requirements. Note: This is NOT the same as the Commencement RSVP above. Applying to graduate is a separate step. You must apply to graduate through MyU to get your degree.
- Remember, Graduate School policy requires that you register every fall and every spring until your degree is awarded. Please contact the Graduate School Office or your program office with any questions.
Individual programs may have additional requirements for degree completion. Please check with your program office.
Additional notes for those participating in Commencement Ceremonies
- A UMD VIRTUAL Graduation Fair will be held online from April 22 - May 3, 2020. Save 20% during the Grad Fair only!
- Participating Doctoral degree students can find more information about doctoral regalia linked here.
- Participating Master's degree students can find more information about master's regalia linked here.
- ***NOTE: When ordering Graduation Hoods, please include your Discipline/Degree in the comments area.***
- If you have any questions about the proper regalia and deadlines by which regalia must be ordered, please contact UMD Stores.
- More details regarding Commencement are available on the UMD Commencement Information page
- Questions? Contact the UMD Graduate School Office at (218) 726-7523, or email email@example.com. If you are an undergraduate student (bachelor's degree), contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the One Stop Student Services website for information on the following:
- Your Diploma, including
- How to set or update your degree name
- How to set or update your diploma address. Note that you will select the address type (diploma) AFTER entering a new address.
- Enrollment/Degree Verification
- Questions? Contact One Stop Student Services at (218) 726-8000, or email email@example.com