You are here
Ready to move out? There are lots of options for selling, donating, and getting rid of the things you've accumulated.
SELL, SWAP or FREECYCLE
Selling your stuff is a great way to give your items a second life. Whether you want to sell it on Craigslist or post your stuff to swap or give away on social media…we encourage REUSE!
- Duluth Craigslist (sell or offer up items for free!)
- Nextdoor (sell or offer up items for free!)
- UMD Free & For Sale (facebook group)
- Duluth Exchange Swap & Sell (facebook group)
DONATE from your RESIDENCE HALL or CAMPUS APARTMENT!
You can donate your stuff at move-out without ever leaving your residence hall or Apartment! UMD Housing and Residence Life provides maroon bins to collect donations of clothing, small appliances, dorm necessities, furniture & decor, and nonperishable food. Items will be sorted and delivered to the most appropriate organization. The majority of items will be kept for our FREE STORE, Champ's Cupboard, and Champ's Closet because we aim to give as much back to our UMD community as possible. Other items will be donated to Goodwill, Second Harvest Food Bank, or other nonprofits in the Duluth community.
Use the Furniture Pickup Program!
The Furniture Pickup Program is a service provided by UMD Facilities Management to haul furniture and other large household items for off-campus UMD students. Appointments are required and are limited. Plan ahead and get an appointment today: Details and further instructions available at: https://www.d.umn.edu/facilities-management/services
Drop your items off at a local thrift store or reuse center!
There are many thrift stores around town that accept donations of household items -- just a few are listed here for easy reference for you!
- Kenwood Goodwill (Kenwood Shopping Plaza, next to Erberts and Gerberts)
- The drop-off door is in the back of the building, just ring the bell to drop-off during donation hours
- Damiano Center Free Store
- Donations accepted M/T/W/F 9am - 3pm and Saturdays 10am - 2pm
- Teen Closet (operated by Lutheran Social Services and located in the First Presbyterian Church)
- Donations can be dropped off on Tuesdays from 3pm-5pm
- Teen Closet is a service helping at-risk youth ages 13-19 look and feel their best by providing new or gently-used clothing for free
- WLSSD Materials Recovery Center (4587 Ridgeview Rd, Duluth, MN 55803 - near the DLH Airport)
Contact UMD’s Bike to Campus program via email or call (218) 726-8743, and you can either drop off your bike. Bikes will be reconditioned and rolled into the UMD Buck-a-Bike rental program, sold back to the campus community, or donated to the Bike Cave Collective, a charity to get bikes into the hands of kids.