You are here
SUN Delegation students tour the newest (and largest) campus solar array: 50 kW of ballasted solar on top of the HCAMS building.
Students in Eco Reps design, implement, and advocate for sustainable initiatives in the UMD Residence Halls and Apartments. If you're passionate about sustainability, are interested in being more sustainable, or just looking for a way to get involved at UMD along with other committed students, please fill out this short interest form to get the process started!
Lake Superior Sustainable Farming
Support sustainable agriculture, the UMD Land Lab, and student farmers through this new student group! Check them out on Bulldog Link.
MPIRG is a non-profit, non-partisan, student funded, student led, statewide, grassroots advocacy organization that is focused on improving the community, as well as focusing on state, national, and global issues. We organize on Issues such as the Environment, Youth Voter Engagement, and Affordable Higher Education.
Student Sustainability Coalition (SSC)
SSC is a student group interested in promoting sustainability in the University and its community. We aim to do this by holding events to educate the people on what sustainability is, how it can be achieved, and why it is so important. We also help facilitate student-led projects to improve sustainability efforts on campus.
The UMD SUN Delegation seeks to expand solar at UMD, whether through installations, subscriptions, or solar purchases. Students from ANY major can be SUN Delegates. Their progress on solar development includes educational opportunities, raising funds, applying for technical assistance, and planning and executing projects including a 40 kW solar photovoltaic system on top of the Oakland (Aspen) Apartment building. SUN Delegates have also raised awareness and support for solar and gathered resources and tools to evaluate and prioritize future solar sites for campus.
Current SUN Delegates (2019 -2020)
- Mellisa Ofori (Biochemistry, French minor)
- Justin Primus (Civil Engineering)
- Faith Breeden (Environmental Science, Chinese minor)
- Emma Christensen (Biology)
- Joseph Donovan (Finance)
- Jaeger Moser (Environment and Sustainability, Energy Engineering)
- Luke Smith (Accounting)
- Hunter House (Industrial Engineering, Spanish Studies minor)
- Katie Hauer (Environmental Science and Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Nick Rutten (Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering Minor)
- Joe Murphy (Environment and Sustainability, Sociology Minor)
- Abigail Ohmann (Environment and Sustainability, Energy Engineering)
View all 275+ student orgs at Bulldog Link.